Monday, April 22, 2013

Creamed Potatoes and Peas

Creamed Potatoes and Peas totally reminds me of my Grandma Bessie. She first introduced me to this delicious side dish many years ago. Oh, so good!! Curtis thinks about creamed potatoes and peas often. ;) 

Here you go...

2 lbs. red potatoes, boiled
1/4 cup butter 
3 TBS. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup evaporated milk
10 oz. frozen peas
1/2 cup onion, diced
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut potatoes in half and place on greased baking pan. Sprinkle peas over potatoes. In saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk, stirring constantly until right consistency. Pour sauce over vegetables. Top with bacon and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I am going to try this and the pina colada cake!!!

Becky Billat said...

This is making me hungry! Looks so good and yes - does remind me too of Grandma H.