Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Homecoming

I was lucky enough to get to go to my nephew's homecoming (in Denver) from the L.A. Spanish-speaking mission. Curtis was so good to stay home with the boys for THREE days without complaint!!! Wow! What a guy! He deserves a vacation!!! Taking our two boys through the airport would have been a nightmare...driving 10+ hours would have also been torture, so Curtis just let me go. I wish Curtis could have come...so he could have talked to Brendon in depth about the mission. Curtis served in L.A. too. Brendon (my nephew) definitely has turned from a boy into a man. He is so mature, doesn't fight with his siblings anymore, helps and doesn't complain. He said the people were so humble, and didn't have much. Most of the people he taught had immigrated from Mexico. Brendon's homecoming talk was FANTASTIC!! I could tell he really loved the people he served in L.A.
Left to Right: Ashlyn, Me, Michaela, Brendon, Lauren, Camille, Hailey
BRENDON SURROUNDED BY A BUNCH OF GIRLS - HIS SISTERS AND TWO AUNTS!!! P.S. He wouldn't mind a girlfriend...so if you know of a GREAT girl, let me know. Brendon and Ashlyn will be at BYU-I in the fall.

Left to Right: Mom, Dad, Chase, Becky, Me, Hailey


Becky treated us to pedicures! Thanks Becky!!! P.S. Nevermind my pasty white legs...we need some sunshine in IDAHO!!!

Pedi Posse with Glitter toes - as my sister Camille called us. Me - toes outside of flipflops with just the white paper around them, Becky - silver flipflops, Ashlyn pink flipflops - who just graduated from high school and seminary. We got to go listen to her speak at her Seminary graduation!!! She is wise beyond her years!!! Camille - purple flipflops. I caved. I got something other than my typical french pedicure. All the sisters (Me, Becky, and Camille) got really glittery toenails. :) Had a SPLENDID weekend!!!

P.S. One last note, I read 5 Spiritual Solutions while on the plane - you know, the book I won.?. I recommend it to ALL parents!!!

1 comment:

Lauren Billat said...

Loved having you guys come for Brendon's Homecoming. I always get sad when you leave. :( Wish we could live closer.