Thursday, November 29, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies with a Christmas Twist

Before I got married, I had four bridal showers. Yeah, I am one blessed lady!! The faculty and staff where I worked and taught at (Sunnyside Elementary) threw me one of those bridal showers. They all gave me gifts as well as submitted a favorite recipe. They compiled the recipes and put them in a recipe book all nice and neat and organized. I have used many of the recipes and have especially used - Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies because they are quick and easy. I decided to make them for my family (even though I am on a diet and trying to eat less - I couldn't resist). I  got the idea when I was at Walmart in the Christmas candy aisle and saw these:
I had never seen Peppermint Crunch before so I decided to try them and make the cookies a bit more Christmassy.

Here is the recipe:

1 package Devil's Food Cake mix
1/2 cup of melted butter
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Andes Mints (you can use the original green ones or try the Christmas ones).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat 1/2 cake mix with butter, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in the rest of cake mix and mix until well blended. Drop by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 - 12 minutes ( I do 10 mins.) or until edges are set. Set Andes mint on the center of the cookie. Let cookie set on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. When the mint is melted spread carefully on the cookie.


No comments: