Monday, June 27, 2011

Requests

I know, I know - this may seem silly or even a bit weird, but go ahead and request one of your current favorite songs and the artist. I realize there are probably only three or four people who even look at this blog (and rumor has it, that some of you even listen specifically to my playlist throughout the day from your computer and/or phone - who knows if that is truth or just a kind statement to make me feel good.?.). :) Or better yet, request a song that reminds you of a past memory -preferrably a happy, fond memory. Not one of those songs that reminds you of a breakup or an ex boyfriend/girlfriend (although I'm sure there are a few of those). ;)

Here's my request: "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. When I played varsity volleyball and basketball, we had a tape (yes, you read that right - cassette tape and I graduated from high school in 1996) that we would warm up to before games. Hey, my high school mascot was a tiger, so that song was PERFECT!!! That song really got us "pumped" and ready to compete! Boy, does that song bring back some memories.

Don't be shy...go ahead, request away...and include the memory, if you dare.

7 comments:

Lauren Billat said...

Chicago - "Hard to Say I'm Sorry"

CurtisAdie said...

Ok Lauren (Becky), go to song #67 on my playlist. I used to listen to Chicago all the time in high school. Thanks for the request!

Angela said...

Hi Adie, Yes I love your playlist and play it all the time! My favorite song on there now is the one my Paul Cardall. I must get some of his cds! My request would be a John Denver song. . either Rocky Mountain High or Grandma's feather bed. Both remind me of my childhood and my sisters. My parents loved John Denver. Thanks Adie!!!

Browning Buzz said...

Hey Angela! OH, I love Paul Cardall's music! It is VERY heart-warming!!! I added both of your John Denver songs. They are #68 and #69 on my playlist. I didn't know that John Denver had a song titled, "Grandma's feather bed"? It reminds me of when I would stay the night at my grandma's house...she had a feather bed I got to sleep on. BTW, I inherited it, and it is in our basement. :) Thanks for the request!!!

Browning Buzz said...

I (Curtis) have one. One Republic- Good Life.

Browning Buzz said...

Curtis the song you requested is #70 on the playlist. I had never heard "Good Life" by One Republic. Good song. Then again, One Republic always has good songs - great group. Thanks! Feel free to request more!

Browning Buzz said...

My sister, Camille, requested a song via a text message she sent me. "In Loving Memory" by Alter Bridge. It is song #73 on the playlist. Great song! Thanks for introducing me to Alter Bridge, and that song!