Thursday, November 4, 2010

No More!


So...Cannon and Carter were on the bottle, but that is a thing of the past, and I can't tell you how happy I am about it!
We decided to take the bottles away the day after Carter's birthday...Oct. 23rd to be exact.
We knew we just had to do it.
I didn't even try to take Cannon off the bottle because I knew he would see his little brother's and just take it from him, so it was an all or nothing type of thing.
It was way easier than I thought it would be.
We just hid the bottles and they were "out of sight, out of mind".
Cannon in the past 12 days has only asked for the bottle twice.
We just ignore it and change the subject.
Curtis and I were so sick of washing those Dr. Brown bottles (the bottles with extra pieces-even though they are the best bottles in my opinion)...two years straight of it.

Now on to potty training Cannon and taking away Carter's pacifier.

Any tips or advice?

2 comments:

Belnap's Ref It said...

Well if cold turkey works for youthen for the pacifier issue... Just cut the end of the tip off and when they ask for it give that one to them. Throw away any other ones so all they have is that one with the hole. Pacifiers are hard to get rid of. If that is being used as a security thing then I would make sure you have something else ready to reach it. Toy or an activity or something. I don't know about boy potty training so I can't help there. Sorry. Good luck!!

Jess Cahoon said...

When Kendall turned 1, we only gave him the pacifier for naps and bedtime. After a few weeks of that he only got it at nap time. then a few weeks later he gave it up on his own.

As far as potty training goes, I must say I bribed my child with a "potty jar." After he went potty he got to pick something from the jar. He caught on pretty quick and it only took us about a week to get him totally trained.

Good Luck!!!