Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Love your wife as she is

Yesterday I went to Seagull Book to return a too-large DownEast skirt I got for Mother's Day. As I was walking around looking at what I could get, the sales associate told me to get the book, "Love that Lasts" by Gary and Joy Lundberg because it was good for any relationship - new or old. I was pretty much in a hurry so I got it and left. When I got home I started skimming the book and came across this couple's little scenerio(and P.S. the couple that wrote this are LDS):

"All three kids were finally in bed asleep, including their three-month-old baby, and he and Cynthia were in bed snuggling. There hadn't been much of it since the baby's birth. They were both looking forward to this time together. As Ricky's hands gently touched Cynthia's body, starting at her neck and moving downward, he stopped at her tummy. It felt like bread dough, and he just couldn't resist jiggling it with his open hand. She was crushed and said, "That's it. We're done!" And she rolled over to the other side of the bed. She already felt terrible about the stretched stomach muscles that were sagging on her body. Ricky laughed and said, "C'mon. I was just teasing.""

Ummmm...when I first read that I laughed and laughed. Then I thought, "What a jerk Ricky is. If I had a husband that did something like that I'd be so mad and offended like Cynthia was." Let me know your first reaction when you read Ricky and Cynthia's scenerio. :)

2 comments:

Bev Holtom said...

You don't know who you are reading do you? That's Paul Lundberg's parents. My old co-worker. They do a bunch of marriage retreats, etc. and are really good. Small world isn't it. How are you? I haven't seen you in forever.. How is little boy???

Jill said...

I too worked with Paul and am just glad that this particular story is not personally about his parents!!

I laughed and laughed (and then called my sister and we laughed again!)

I am thankful that Scott loves me just the way I am. Bread dough and all. :) Thanks for posting. Too funny.