Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quirmy is 14 weeks old!





I can't believe it! Cannon is growing up so quickly - he is already three and a half months old! In case you are confused by the title, let me clarify. Quirmy is what I call Cannon - you know how you give your children little nicknames.?. I have chosen Quirmy - I just took the "S" off of Squirmy. I have been calling him that since he was maybe two weeks old. It is to the point where people in my family call him by his nickname and not his real name. Curtis keeps saying, "We better start calling him Cannon or he'll think his name is Quirmy." I'm trying really hard, but it's tough.

Here are a few of the things Quirmy (oops! I mean Cannon) loves in his ripe ol' age of 14 weeks:

*Baby Einstein (we already knew that one)
*Books (The book: What Makes A Rainbow? is his fav - Thanks Brooke!)
*His Dad
*Baths (kicking and splashing)
*Pacifier
*His hand to suck on (oh great!)
*Tummy time (okay, not exactly his favorite)
*Reaching for things
*Being held close and being cuddled
*Being held facing out so he can see what's going on
*Music - especially having us sing to him (favorites: Old MacDonald, Popcorn Popping, Once There was a Snowman,If You're Happy and You Know It, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, I Lived in Heaven, I Am Like a Star, etc. You get the idea.)
*Stiffening his legs and leaning back not wanting to sit up
*His bouncy chair - even though he is a little too little for it (see above)

1 comment:

Jesse and Ashley Packer said...

I can't believe that head of hair! Isn't it fun to watch them grow up, it is sad but so fun at the same time. Time goes by way too fast. Just enjoy him. What a sweetie!