Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Grandma Eva's Apple Cake Recipe

My grandma Eva (my mom's mom) passed away before I was born, yet her recipes live on! She created one yummy apple cake recipe! I used to not share this with anyone because it was a "family secret". I have since changed my mind and decided to share since so many people can benefit from the the deliciousness of this cake.

Grandma Eva's Apple Cake Recipe:

1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup of Wesson oil (she always used this brand since she said it was the best)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 jar of apples (with the juice - not always available in stores so when I find some, I stock up. *Note: do not use apple pie filling) or 3 cups of chopped apples (probably Fuji apples)
1 cup of raisins (optional) I never use raisins
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix well and pour into greased and floured cake pan.

Bake @ 300 degrees for 1 hour.

*This cake is yummy warm out of the oven with some cream or ice cream on it. It is even better the 2nd day...it's so moist!!!

Enjoy!!!!

No comments: