Monday, March 26, 2012

Baby Boy Browning #3

Today I went to the doctor. I am 15 weeks pregnant. This was the first time I went to the doctor with this pregnancy-bad, I know. Two reasons why it took me so long to go to the doctor. #1 - Curtis got a new job just recently, and I wanted to wait for that insurance to kick in (since it is better than his previous job). #2 - I had the "been there, done that" attitude. You know, I had had two others so I didn't really feel the urgency to go (to the doctor that is). ;). Again, bad, I know. So, I finally got in to the doctor and the first thing they did was give me an ultrasound...since it was my first appointment and all. The ultrasound tech said, "Do you want to know what it is?" I said, "Sure!" Curtis wasn't with me...he now works from home, so he was home with the boys. I didn't know I would find out the gender today. Anyway, the little boy was positioned perfectly!;) I will admit, I was a bit shocked. All this time I was thinking it was a girl. I had even been buying girl items (I can always use those for gifts, right?). I was thinking it was a girl because A) I was really, really sick at the beginning of this pregnancy. B) I felt like I deserved a really, really calm, mild, little girl since I have two pretty rowdy boys. If only you could see and hear what they are doing right now. ;) C) The Chinese Birth Calendar said I was having a girl, and afterall, it was dead on with the other two. ;) Boy, was I wrong!!!


Again, I am not showing and the ultrasound tech was amazed! I keep telling people that I won't really show until month eight. In our last ward, someone actually came up to us and asked us if we adopted Carter...cause the man had no clue I had been pregnant. I guess I'm just blessed that I don't have to buy maternity clothes. ;) The problem with not really showing is that people have a hard time grasping that I am pregnant, and expect all of the same things from me...things that may be too physical for a pregnant woman. Curtis said to me the other day, "I keep forgetting that you are pregnant." "Out of sight (big belly), out of mind"...I guess?


The crazy thing... I am due on Sept. 19, 2012. I had a miscarriage when I was 10 weeks along on Sept. 19, 2011.


I am going to be outnumbered in our household 5 to 1. Curtis, Cannon, Carter, new baby whose name will most likely start with a "C", and Bobbin (our cat) to me. Wish me luck. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! I loved having my 3 boys in a row. Let me just tell you my little girl did not come out sweet and mello. My boys may be wild and crazy but Kaybrie is a fire ball!

Anonymous said...

First of all, you need to play the pregnancy card. Wear tighter clothes!
Secondly, with those silly boys a girl would have to be sassy and fiesty to hold her own at that joint. Maybe if you waited 10 years after this one- it could happen :) CG

The Stewart said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!!

Angela said...

Love this post! Congrats again!