Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Josh Groban Concert


*Be sure to PAUSE my playlist at the bottom of this blog so you can hear Josh sing, "You are Loved".

Back in March, I heard that Josh Groban was going to be in Salt Lake City at the Energy Solutions Center on Aug. 13th. I told Curtis about it. Curtis had already been to a Josh Groban concert a few years back with a date...so I told him it was my turn.:) Luckily, Curtis wanted to go again...since he likes Josh's music. We went and had a GREAT time! The majority of the crowd consisted of single girls (hoping and dreaming that Josh would one day date them or marry them) and older couples. There is just something that girls love about guys that can sing...and sing well. In all reality, if you have a significant other that sings - he doesn't write songs about you and sing love songs to you all day. I married a guy like that...he doesn't really sing that much around me. Humph! Go figure!

We went to the concert and left the boys with Curtis's sister, Becky and her family. Those boys loved hanging out with their cousins! :) Thanks you Becky and Dan!!! It is nice to have a date every once in a while! Everyone needs to do it!

The concert was SUPER good! Josh G. is a smart guy - you can tell by his vocabulary. Also, he is SO musically talented!!! Not only did he sing with that amazing voice of his, but he played the piano and the drums!!! It isn't fair that one person got so much talent! Next time Josh Groban is in your area...I would recommend going to his concert!!! Also, he sounds the same in person as he does on his CD's...which is rare these days with artists (and the digitized stuff with technology).

1 comment:

Belnap's Ref It said...

I have not personally been to one of his concerts YET! But, the song you mentioned at the beginning of your blog is my favorite of his!! I bet that was super exciting. It's nice to see a musical genius at work. How FUN!