Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I've changed...for today anyway


So I am the type of person who really doesn't like food...yes, you read that right. I don't particularly crave food, but I sure do love sweets! My diet pretty much consists of sweet drinks (pop,juices,etc.), candy, and desserts. I snack on sweets all day and don't really want a REAL meal. Pathetic...yes, I know. Today has been different though. I made steamed carrots for lunch and can't get enough of them (I hated any sort of cooked carrots when I was younger). I've changed...for today anyway. What veggies do you like to steam?

3 comments:

The Boyles said...

Broccoli is really good steamed - I have a weakness for sweets as well though :)

Anonymous said...

I really like glazed carrots. Emeril on the food network has an excellent recipe for glazed carrots. They're sweet, and oh so yummy.
I like broccoli, and zucchini. When you steam zucchini season it with your favorite thing like Mrs. Dash or something like that.
We also like to grill corn on the cob on the grill. You just leave the husk on while it is cooking, and then once done (time varies) you peel the husk off. All the silk/hair comes right off. It's so great!

Anonymous said...

i can't quit checking the "heart-warming blogs" on the your side bar. you've got me addicted to them =) they are so INSPIRING and uplifting... isn't that weird because at the same time they are SO SAD and devastating. Hope you are doing good. =)